Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Song That I Can't Shake Today (Vetiver - The Swimming Song)

Vetiver - The Swimming Song - Buy Album


This song just makes me want to go swimming!

This summer I swam in the ocean,
And I swam in a swimming pool,
Salt my wounds, chlorine my eyes,
I'm a self-destructive fool, a self-destructive fool.


I promise I'm gonna get in the ocean this summer and I will definitely make it to the Red Hook pool...gonna try to cut down on the self-destructive foolishness though.

Anybody else find this song addicting? Riley, you gotta get to work on this one on the banjo. Happy listening.

8 comments:

  1. This song isn't working for me buddy. Somebody take down the track?

    ReplyDelete
  2. works for me, and I'll see what I can do with the banjo...man Im dyin to jump in the ocean or atleast lake michigan

    ReplyDelete
  3. try it again, dank. I might've been screwing around with it as you were reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The original is a McGarrigle Sisters track -- from the late 70s I think....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know the McGarrigle Sisters but I love their tune. Thanks for the info Dorothy. Loudon Wainwright did a version of the song for the movie "The Squid and The Whale" too. Good flick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. loudon used to be married to one of the mcgarrigle's - likely where the connection to the movie happened...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, he was married to Kate McGarrigle. Rufus and Martha Wainwright are their kids.
    As in:
    Is this heartburn or is it heartbreak? Have I been played or do I need a Rolaid?
    Gotta learn the difference tween "I Love You"
    And the symptoms of Ebola...
    Let me tell you that this song's useful
    This song's useful when you're really drunk
    And you've gotta learn
    the difference tween "I Love you"
    The difference tween "I Love You" and "Whatever"..."
    (Rufus's contribution to the family album.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite the family...as an FYI the song posted comes off Vetiver's 2008 "Thing Of The Past" which is all covers. I might post a couple more from that disc. There are some gems on there. They do a nice version of "Road To Ronderlin" from Matthews Southern Comfort. Listen to the original.

    Matthews Southern Comfort - Road To Ronderlin

    ReplyDelete