Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dan Auerbach @ Bowery Ballroom 3/3/09 (Setlist & Pictures)

Dan Auerbach brought his solo act to the Bowery Ballroom on this chilly Tuesday in New York. He treated the crowd to some of his heavy distortion guitar antics but also to some of the quieter tracks off "Keep It Hid". I thoroughly enjoy the Feb. 7th Black Keys show but it was a treat to see Auerbach get down with a full backing band that included all of Hacienda and Pat Hallahan from My Morning Jacket on percussion. For any doubting if he could pull off the solo bit Auerbach left no question. He can carry a show in either format. The show wasn't long and he played most all of his solo debut album. He managed to still impress on the guitar and show us all a little of his softer side and the vocal talents that he revealed on "Keep It Hid". Go see him (again) when he makes it to your town. Pics and Setlist below.




Dan Auerbach 3/3/09 Bowery Ballroom
Setlist:
Trouble weighs a ton
I Want Some More
The Prowl
When I left the room
My last mistake
Mean Monsoon
Oh Carol – (Rockin Horse Cover)
Real Desire
Money & Trouble
Street Walkin
When the night comes
Whispered words
Heartbroken
Keep it hid
Inside Lookin Out
ENCORE:
Goin home
You’re the charm

Special shout out to A.G. for all her audiovisual contributions. Thank You!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I was hoping someone had put some lines together already :D Totally wished I could have made the trip to see this, but no such luck. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love love love the pics! Especially since I love love love my danny boy. Can't wait for the Friday Chi show. Will def let y'all know how it goes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nella, glad you enjoyed the post. Sorry you missed the show. Definitely catch D.A. next time through.

    KZ, I hear Chicago didn't disappoint. Good times?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chicago rocked something nasty.

    ReplyDelete