Wednesday, March 18, 2009

On The Run From Johnny Law

So we're relatively new at the blog thing but have been getting the hang of it and generally having a good time with it. This week we had our first post removed because the songs that were included and possible copyright infringements that the hosting of these songs would entail. Not a huge deal, but I am left to wonder if the copyright police stopped to read the post. We were recommending the Airborne Toxic Event album and that everyone go BUY it. You still should. I've reposted the text below and if you're a resourceful internet user you can still find the tracks (or if you've subscribed to our blog feed, the links still work). Try the hype machine or the band's myspace page.

The L.A. band, Airborne Toxic Event was just out in New York playing two sold out shows last week at the Bowery Ballroom with Alberta Cross. I originally stumbled onto The Airborne Toxic Event while searching for Alberta Cross shows. When I saw the two aforementioned Bowery shows were already sold out and Alberta Cross (who you also need to check out) was just an opening act I decided I needed to check out this headliner.
A busy week didn't allow me to make the attempt at getting into the shows last week but I did go so far to buy The Airborne Toxic Event's self-titled full length debut which came out last summer. The band has been compared to Arcade Fire and while I can see where this comes from I'd say they've got their own sound.
Anyway, when people ask me who I've been listening to of late I've been telling them to go buy this CD. So I will do the same here. Go pick up The Airborne Toxic Event. From what I hear they also put on a rad show, so check 'em out when they come to your town. Concert dates can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. Ain't no trip to Cleveland...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for picking up our obscure references keth. Glad to know somebody's reading.

    ReplyDelete