Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Lollapalooza '09 Schedule Released, Potential Tough Decisions?

Today the schedule for August 7-9th's 2009 version of Lollapalooza in Chicago was released. Anyone going to the weekend's festivities is guaranteed plenty of good music but we wanted to take a look at the potential tough decisions of the weekend that are forced upon any concert attendee.

Let me start with the first tough decision I see on the docket and go from there.

Friday, 3:00-4:00PM
Bon Iver (Playstation Stage)
vs.
Heartless Bastards (VitaminWater Stage)
*This is a tough one and there's no perfect solution with their identical time slots, but I think I gotta go to Bon Iver and then try to catch Heartless Bastards a little later in the FYE Autograph tent at 4:20.*

More tough calls below...

Friday, 7-8/8:15PM
Andrew Bird (Playstation Stage)
vs.
Of Montreal (VitaminWater Stage)
*I'm seeing A. Bird tomorrow and have never seen Of Montreal, so I might lean towards the latter...*

Friday, 8/8:15-10PM
Kings Of Leon (Budweiser Stage)
vs.
Depeche Mode (South Stage)
*KOL killed when I saw them in Jan., but I think DM would be pretty kick ass too. Maybe the toughest call of the day, but I'd go to KOL.*

Saturday looks to be a hectic day of running around, but my big decision comes at the end of the evening and maybe depends on your mood.
Beastie Boys (Budweiser Stage)
vs.
Tool (South Stage)
*Never seen either live. Want to see both. Each has the potential to be a very good finish to the night. I gotta lean towards the Beasties just because Ill Communication was the soundtrack to my formative years.*

Those seem like my biggest decisions on the weekend, but mine are all hypothetical. I won't be there, have to work all wknd. Any others weighing on you? Let us know in the comments.
A few bands I wouldn't miss:
Delta Spirit (Sat. 12:30-1:30)
Blind Pilot (Sat. 4:15-5:00)
Alberta Cross (Sun. 11:45-12:30)
The Airborne Toxic Event (Sun. 2:30-3:30)

Other recommendations? Have a good time to all attending. We'll be expecting reports back.

Digg! Digg this | Post to del.icio.us | facebook Facebook

2 comments:

  1. vampire weekend vs neko case. yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon Iver, Andrew Bird, Kings. While there is a ton of music I would like to see the first day has the most stacked lineup (for me at least) and I'm thinking about just going that day. But then just thinking about how fucking kick ass that whole weekend is makes me want to go the whole time. Why does money always get in the way of everything!?! If I end up going we might have to do a little HGH & TSE Lolla coverage, haha.

    ReplyDelete