Thursday, May 14, 2009

Nels Cline of Wilco @ The Stone NYC 5/10 (Video)

I got a Sunday night text to come see Nels Cline of Wilco play at The Stone in NY and after a weekend that included my 10 year HS reunion I didn't have it in me. My buddy that did go took some video footage from the night and came away with kind of a WTF? response. He felt like maybe some hallucinogenic drugs were needed to appreciate this and I have to agree. I'm not really sure what is going on here. Experimental as advertised I guess, but I can't say I'm really getting into this. A little taste is below.

You can watch some more if you care to (multiple parts are posted to Youtube), but anybody want to tell me what is going on here? It just sounds like somebody toying around with some new effects on their geet-fiddle. Thoughts?

Digg! Digg this | Post to del.icio.us | facebook Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment