Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mary Travers of Peter, Paul and Mary Dies at 72



I grew up listening to Peter, Paul and Mary records thanks to Momma HGH, probably explains connection I feel towards folk music. Mary Travers will most certainly be missed. Below are some videos to help you remember. Unfortunately I couldn't find my favorite song, 'Springhill Mine Disaster.'

here she is doing a Dylan favorite of mine:



and a timeless classic... sing along now!






Digg! Digg this | Post to del.icio.us | facebook Facebook

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Riley-for remembering-I sang along with both and will go now to listen to some more of their music...Cruel War and Puff the Magic Dragon...but The Springhill Mine Disaster still brings a tear to my eye and reminds me of lightening to them with my ear pressed up against the speaker of our record player when I was a little girl. Happy Birthday, too!

    ReplyDelete