Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy Genius Heroes Top 40 Songs Of 2009 (1-20)



It's that time of year when we're bombarded by all kinds of "Year In Review' lists. Happy Genius Heroes didn't want to be left out so we've been poring through this past year's musical releases to come up with our favorite songs from 2009.

I think I've got the list down to my Top 40. I share them with you here IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER BY ARTIST. I welcome everyone to leave other tunes that you might've enjoyed this year in the comments section as I'm sure I've forgotten some and/or you might like some tunes which I do not (as much). I also tried to limit myself to single favorite tracks and not include multiples songs from the same album. Enjoy the list. I hope it reminds you of good times from the past twelve months.

- Jim

Click 'Read More' to get started on HAPPY GENIUS HEROES TOP 40 SONGS OF 2009. The first TWENTY... more to come.


1. Andrew Bird - Effigy from Noble Beast










2. Animal Collective - Summertime Clothes from Merriweather Post Pavillion










3. The Big Pink - Dominos from A Brief History Of Love










4. Blakroc - What You Do To Me from Blakroc










5. Bowerbirds - Northern Lights from Upper Air










6. The Builders and The Butchers - Devil Town from Salvation Is A Deep Dark Well










7. Camera Obscura - French Navy from My Maudlin Career










8. Cymbals Eat Guitars - ...And The Hazy Sea from Why There Are Mountains










9. Dan Auerbach - I Want Some More from Keep It Hid










10. The Dead Weather - Cut Like A Buffalo from Horehound










11. Deer Tick - Smith Hill from Born On Flag Day










12. Discovery - Osaka loop Line from Discovery










13. Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros - Home from Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros










14. The Flaming Lips - Watching The Planets from Embryonic










15. Franz Ferdinand - Lucid Dreams from Tonight: Franz Ferdinand










16. Girls - Lust For Life from Girls










17. Gossip - Heavy Cross from Music For Men










18. Heartless Bastards - The Mountain from The Mountain










19. Islands - Switched On from Vapours










20. Jay-Z - Run This Town from Blueprint 3


That's the first 20. I'll have the next 20 up shortly. Enjoy.

-Jim

Digg! Digg this | Post to del.icio.us | facebook Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment