Friday, March 19, 2010

Flogging Molly @ The Aragon 3/13 (setlist) / Back From South America / Late St. Patrick's Day Ramblings

I'm kinda rusty at this blogging thing. I just returned from 10 weeks in Chile. Sorry for the slowdown in the action at HGH. Anybody's that's still around, we appreciate you hanging in. Lots to look forward to this spring. Riley has been getting things firing again. I have been a little gun shy since getting back, but I think I'm ready to go.

First concert back from 2+ months off...the obligatory St. Patrick's season Flogging Molly concert. Last year in New York. This year; Chicago style.

It always seems like a good way to celebrate the St. Patrick's Day season; bounce around to some of Dave King and Co.'s jams. The problem this year was that I'd burnt my candle to just about its limit prior to this show getting underway. It was a late night Friday out getting reacquainted with the goodness that is the J&M Tap and its jukebox. Then was awake way too early Saturday with way too many people in green shirts. Maybe I'm getting too old for this sh!te, but I had to bail early on this show. I made it through about 90 minutes and at that point decided my hurt was outweighing my fun. I had to leave after "Rebels Of The Sacred Heart".

Still got to see some of the Flogging Molly classics and personal favorite "The Worst Day Since Yesterday." Check the full setlist from the night below.

Flogging Molly @ The Aragon, Chicago, IL 3/13/2010

SETLIST:
# (No More) Paddy's Lament
# The Likes of You Again
# Swagger
# Requiem for a Dying Song
# Every Dog Has Its Day
# The Worst Day Since Yesterday
# Drunken Lullabies Play Video
# You Won't Make a Fool Out of Me
# Man With No Country
# The Wanderlust (Acoustic)
# Us of Lesser Gods
# Factory Girls
# Float
# Punch Drunk Grinning Soul
# Tobacco Island
# Rebels of the Sacred Heart
# Devil's Dance Floor
# If I Ever Leave This World Alive
# Salty Dog
# The Lightning Storm
# What's Left of the Flag
ENCORE:
# The Wrong Company
# Black Friday Rule
# Seven Deadly Sins

Want a real review with PICTURES and everything? Go to Gapers Block. They've got their ducks in a row. Us? We're posting 5 days after the fact.

However, if you made it this far you should be rewarded. SO have yourself a listen to some good Irish music for St. Patrick's Day...a little late.

This track is from Bohola, a band named for a small town in County Mayo. My boys at Wikipedia tell me this town consists of a post office, two pubs and a Catholic church. What else do you need really? I could even lose the church.

Well the band Bohola is made up of Jimmy Keane and Pat Borders, two of the best in Chicago Irish Music. Enough talk. Have a listen.

Bohola - The Bushes of Jerusalem / Over By Midways / Across The Ocean / Mister McLeod / Drunken Traveller / Rourke

Go listen to more Bohola at their website.

...and a little Flogging Molly while we're here...

Flogging Molly - The Worst Day Since Yesterday

-JL

Digg! Digg this | Post to del.icio.us | facebook Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment